Early Bird Sale Now!
Pay 50% now and the rest in 4 weeks. Offer for a limited time only.
Final Dates to be confirmed
Courses starting the 3rd week of January 2021
Brewing (Intermediate) – 15 hours of coursework
The Social Brewing and Extraction Intermediate Course exceeds the minimum requirements for the SCA Brewing Intermediate Certificate. Brewing will be taught by Todd Arnette, Coffee Quality Institute’s Q Instructors & SCA Trainer, and Brian Babcock, CQI Q Grader & SCA Trainer. This course builds on the concepts and skills introduced in The Social Brewing and Extraction Foundation Course. It is ideal for someone who has brewing and espresso experience and wants to explore how to improve brewed coffee quality. This course covers a wide range of topics, including an exploration of the brewing process in terms of hand pour and espresso devices, the scientific method of measuring and charting coffee strength and extraction; the analysis of brewed coffee, and adjustments to consider in order to deliver a delicious, well-balanced cup. After participating in this course, attendees should be able to:
- Brew, taste, describe, and measure their produced coffee
- Begin to connect and associate measurements with specific descriptions
- Understand by tasting the impact of water chemistry on coffee flavors
- Brew, taste, describe, measure, and fix a provided coffee by manipulating the principles of brewing best practices
- SCA Test and Certificate (Optional) at the end of the course for an extra fee.