Early Bird Sale Now!
Pay 50% now and the rest in 4 weeks. Offer for a limited time only.
Final Dates to be confirmed
Courses starting the 3rd week of January 2021
Brewing (Foundation) – 9 hours of coursework
The Social Brewing and Extraction Foundation Course exceeds the minimum requirements for the SCA Brewing Foundation Certificate. Brewing will be taught by Todd Arnette, Coffee Quality Institute’s Q Instructors & SCA Trainer, and Brian Babcock, CQI Q Grader & SCA Trainer. Attendees will receive theoretical and practical hands-on instruction for a range of brewing devices. After participating in this course, attendees should be able to:
- Understand where the flavors in coffee come from
- Identify the principles of brewing best practices
- Differentiate between Coffee Strength and Extraction
- Know by taste the impact of manipulating the Coffee to Water Ratio
- Know by taste the impact of manipulating the Grind Particle Size
- Know by taste the impact of manipulating the Water Contact Time
- Know by taste the impact of manipulating the Appropriate Filtering Medium
- SCA Test and Certificate (Optional) at the end of the course for an extra fee