Course 1 – January 18th starting at 9 AM
Course 2 – January 19th starting at 2 PM
Course 3 – January 20th starting at 2 PM
Course 4 – January 31st starting at 9 AM
Cupping & Sensory Skills (Foundation)
The Social Cupping and Sensory Foundation Course exceeds the minimum requirements for the SCA Sensory Foundation Certificate. Cupping will be taught by Todd Arnette, Coffee Quality Institute’s Q Instructors & SCA Trainer, and Brian Babcock, CQI Q Grader & SCA Trainer. After participating in this course, attendees should be able to:
- Set up and carry out a basic cupping
- Know by doing, tasting, smelling, and feeling how they individually perceive coffee’s attributes
- Apply this self-knowledge to compare attribute intensities among coffee samples
- Apply this self-knowledge to distinguish among coffee samples by their origin characteristics
- Describe coffee’s attributes of Fragrance, Aroma, Flavor, Aftertaste, Acidity & Body.
- SCA Test and Certificate (Optional) at the end of the course for an extra fee.